Welcome to Pioneer Men's Basketball!
Our team plays a competitive schedule against regional community colleges at the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division III level, and is a member of the Maryland Junior College Athletic Association (MD JUCO).
Congratulations to the Pioneers for winning the Onondaga CC Classic Tournament for the second consecutive year!
Tyler Washington (MPV, 18 ppg) and Ryan Hawkins (16.5 ppg) made the all-tournament team.
The Pioneers were down by one with just 2.3 seconds left when Ryan Hawkins was fouled and hit both of his shots as they defeated Delaware County CC, Media, Pa. 90-89.
Gabe Shongo- 24 pts.
Kevin Davis- 17 pts.
Ryan Hawkins- 15 pts.
Tyler Washington- 11 pts.
In the final game the Pioneers defeated Northhampton CC, Bethlehem, Pa. 69-59 with the Pioneers leading for most of the game.
Tyler Washington- 26 pts.
Ryan Hawkins- 18 pts.
Kevin Davis- 8 pts.
Four former Pioneers are on rosters as guards at four-year colleges this season!
- Lionel Coleman- New Mexico Highland University (Sr.)
- Kevin Eaglin - Tennessee Tech University (Jr.)
- Prince Dylan Ritson - University of District Columbia (Jr.)
- Jalen Lester - Millersville University (Jr.)
Men's basketball student-athletes in recent history who have graduated from four-year schools:
- Clifton Trey Quinn- Hood College, 2013 (AACC 2010-11)
- Michael Atkins- Salisbury University, 2013 (AACC 2009-10)
- Kevin Coates- Colorado State University-Pueblo, 2012 (AACC 2008-10)
- Kristopher Effler- University of Maryland, 2013 (AACC 2008-10)
- Shawn Lewis- Towson University, 2013 (AACC 2008-10)
- Michael Mongelluzzo-University of Maryland, 2012 (AACC 2008-09)
- Bryan Clarke- East Carolina University, 2013 (AACC 2007-08)
The Pioneers won the 2012-2013 NJCAA Region Championship on Mar. 3, 2013 hosted by CCAC Allegheny-Pittsburg, Pa.
The second seeded Pioneers (15-14) def. #4 CCAC-Allegheny (11-13) by a score of 72-65 and advanced to the NJCAA District 7 Tournament. AACC's Jalen Lester was the region tournament MVP scoring a two-game total of 47 pts.