The Cade Gallery at Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, Maryland, welcomes artists and curators to submit exhibition proposals for the fall 2018-2020 exhibition seasons.
This call is open to all visual arts formats. Exhibitions may be group or solo.
Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis at various points in the year.
Entry proposals should be sent by email to Cade Gallery director Teddy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. All written materials should be submitted in PDF or Word format. Your proposal packet should include the following items:
1. Images and an image list.
- 5 images that are representative of the work to be included in the exhibit. (You may be asked for more images to flesh out your proposal at a later date.) Images should be in jpeg format, 72dpi and not larger than 1MB in size 2,000 pixels in longest direction. Image files should be labeled with the artist’s name and matching image list number (JDoe002.jpg). YouTube links for video and other time-based media are welcome as well.
- A corresponding image list, including title, the name of the artist for each work, date, dimensions, and medium.
2. Exhibit description.
- This should be a brief description of the idea for the exhibition (1 page or less) including a description of work and the exhibition theme to be considered.
- List whom the audience or potential audience for the exhibit would be.
- Requested Dates. If you do not have specific dates in mind list a preference for spring, fall, or summer.
- Group Exhibitions: Please Identify the exhibit curator and outline his/her curatorial experience. If some of the artists are not yet known, please describe the selection process.
3. Statements and Websites.
Attach a statement and (if applicable) a website for each artist in the proposed exhibition.
Artist and/or Curatorial Resumes should be included for those involved in the exhibit.
5. Contact Information.
Please provide the following:
City State Zip
- Artists/organizations selected for the Cade Gallery are responsible for shipping/delivery/pick-up and preparation of works, as well as any unusual installation requirements and involvement in the opening reception.
- The Cade Gallery reserves the right to review all works exhibited.