- Regular attendance is expected of students who are registered in face-to-face courses and in distance education classroom environments.
- For hybrid courses, attendance is defined as regular and substantive student participation in virtual learning activities as well as attendance at required face-to-face meetings.
- For online courses, attendance is defined as regular and substantive student participation in virtual learning activities.
- Attendance requirements and policies specific to each course are stated in the course syllabus. Students should be aware that lack of regular attendance and/or lack of substantive student participation as appropriate for the course format will adversely affect their grades in those classes in which attendance is a stated requirement. For courses in which attendance is not a stated requirement, student grades may be adversely affected by failure to satisfactorily complete assignments and course work.
- Regular attendance and active participation promote student success.
The registrar reserves the right to deny certification of attendance or withdraw such certification due to unacceptable
Only students officially registered for a course may attend. No visitors (including children, family members or substitutes) shall be allowed in classes without the permission of the faculty member. A student who has never been registered, been dropped from a class, through his or her own action or omission by the college, will not be reinstated into a class after the last scheduled day of class before the final examination period.