Lynda Plavin Fitzgerald
Coordinator, Performing Arts-Dance
Director, AACC Dance Company
- Created and implemented the dance curriculum and the dance major at AACC.
- Director and Founder of the AACC Dance Company
- Established a service learning component at AACC, enabling the dancers to give mini-performances at multiple Anne Arundel County public schools.
- Grant Partner with AACPS allowing accomplished AACC dance students to choreograph and be compensated for setting works on the AACPS students for performance.
- Established "Day of Dance" for prospective freshmen, inviting high school juniors and seniors to experience life as a dance student at AACC.
- Established the AACC Youth Dance Festival and Youth Dance Instruction program through continuing education.
- Served over ten years on boards of Maryland Council for Dance (President 2002-2005), and Ballet Theatre of Maryland (Vice President 1998-99)
- M.A.: Stanford University in Education with a concentration in dance
- B.A.: Connecticut College in English and Dance
- American Dance Festival
- Bates Dance Festival
- Studied with Winthrop Cory, Daniel Nagrin, Lenore Latimer, Mel Wong, Marcus Schulkind, Juan Valenzuela, Inga Weiss, David Dorfman, Doug Varone, Autumn Eckman.
- Master classes and performances throughout the United States: American College Dance Association.
- Faculty member, scholarship instructor, and adjudicator for the Maryland State Dance Festival.
- Performed professionally with "The Great American Entertainment Company" (live and on national television): Los Angeles, CA
- Guest Artist: California, Utah, Texas, Maine, New Mexico, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey
- Taught dance at Stanford University “STARTS” program.
- Former full-time dance faculty at West Virginia University; directed a university dance company and choreographed for the Women’s Division I Varsity Gymnastics Team.
- Commissioned to set works on several schools and companies in Maryland, Maine, California, and Virginia.
- Outstanding Service And Contributions to Dance In Maryland (MCD)
- NISOD Excellence Award (Nationally recognized for Teaching Excellence)
- AACC Distinguished Service Award for Exceptional Contributions and Significant Changes Affection the Total College Community
- Robert E. Kauffman Award (for work involving AACC Dance Company)
- AACC Public Safety Commendation for Outstanding Service to the College Community
- National conference presenter: NDEO (National Dance Education Organization)