To be completed by a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, and/or a Diagnosing Physician
Eligibility for support services for students with disabilities requires the following:
1. Verification of diagnosis and severity provided by the student; and
2. The student is assessed as having a functional limitation in the educational setting.
To ensure provision of reasonable and appropriate services for students with disabilities, students needing such services are required to provide current and comprehensive documentation of their disability. This documentation should include information which:
- diagnoses the disability
- describes the difficulties and functional limitation in an educational setting
- indicates the severity and longevity of the condition
- and offers recommendations for treatment.
To facilitate the gathering of such critical information, we ask that you print the Disability Verification Form and have your Psychiatrist, Psychologist and/or Diagnosing Physician fill it out and return it to the address indicated on the form.
If you have any questions, please call Mimi Stoops at 410-777-2306.