AACC’s Jump Start program is now called the Early College Access Program (ECAP). It’s the same great program at the same great price—50% discount on tuition.
Through ECAP students age 16 and older can take courses at AACC at 50% off the tuition rate while they’re still in high school and receive college credit that may be transferable to a four-year college or university. You can explore career options with courses including architecture, business, information technology and homeland security. Or tackle your first year basics with math, English, psychology or science.
To get started, you must be 16 years of age or older.
- Complete the ECAP application and obtain all necessary signatures.
- Apply online to the college www.aacc.edu/admissions or in person at any AACC location. You'll be given an AACC ID and MyAACC password. Keep this handy. You'll need it along the way.
- If you have not taken the ACT or SAT or do not have the minimum scores required by AACC to enter most college classes, you'll need to take the Accuplacer test at the Testing Center.
- With high school transcript and SAT, ACT or Accuplacer test scores in hand, submit your scores and ECAP application, to the AACC admissions office. They will check to see if you meet any necessary prerequisites and sign your form.
- You might find it easiest to register and pay for class in person at the Arnold campus (and stop by the Advising Office on your way) but you can register online (using your new AACC ID and MyAACC password) or at our other locations. If you choose not to pay at the time of registration, be sure to pay the full ECAP tuition rate (that’s 50% off the full rate) along with 100% of the student and course fees before the first day of class. You may choose to participate in AACC payment plan.
Other Credit High School Programs
If you are 16 years of age or older and attend Anne Arundel County Public Schools, learn about ECAP for AACPS students.
If you are under 16 years old or your school does not participate in the ECAP program, check out other ways AACC offers credit for high school students.