The Anne Arundel Community College Paramedic program provides you with the advanced knowledge and skill set needed to practice in the pre-hospital arena.
The AACC Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) and the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS).
This program may be designated as a Health Manpower Shortage Tuition Reduction Program. Please refer to the college's Accounts Receivable Office to confirm this designation.
AACC offers two options for completing the paramedic program:
- Certificate option
- Degree option
Paramedic Certificate Option:
Purpose: prepares students for state and national licensure as an EMT-P.
Total Credit Hours: A minimum of 45 credit hours
Estimated Cost: $5,611. Tuition and fees are subject to change
Range of Occupations: Paramedic in a local emergency medical service system, inter-hospital transport, or in an industry or health care setting
Paramedic Degree Option:
Purpose: Prepares students for state and national licensure as an EMT-P
Award: Associate of Applied Science, A.A.S.
Total Credit Hours: A minimum of 61 credit hours
Estimated Cost: $7,091. Tuition and fees are subject to change
Range of Occupations: Paramedic in local fire and emergency medical services departments, inter-hospital transport, or in an industry or health care setting
Gainful Employment Information
PARAMEDIC PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- The first step is to attend an information session or complete an online information session. These informal sessions cover admission and academic requirements, the application and selection process, curriculum, and career opportunities.
- Must satisfactorily complete all admission and academic requirements prior to submitting a program application.
- Applications for the spring 2018 class will be available online and in Florestano 100 June 2017.
- Submit complete applications to Florestano 100 by the application deadline.
- Admission to the program is separate from admission to the college.
- First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the date the application is submitted (address verification required). Out-of-county applicants will be reviewed only when space is available.*
- Conditional acceptance is given to qualified applicants who meet all admission and academic requirements based on the established selection criteria.
- Final acceptance in the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, a health examination record, submission of required CPR verification, and satisfactory completion of a urine drug screen.
*ALL applicants must complete an Address Verification for Health Sciences form and submit it to the college Records Office at: Anne Arundel Community College, Records Office - SSVC 140, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012.