AACC is pleased to offer English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction in a supportive environment with excellent teachers, small classes and free tutoring for currently enrolled students. We welcome students coming to the United States from abroad as well as those already living nearby. Our comprehensive ESL programs can help you:
- learn English to get a college degree
- become more successful on the job
- improve English skills for everyday life
Announcements: Winter/Spring 2014 classes
What We Offer
The ESL Department offers a variety of courses which are grouped in one of the following categories:
- English for Academic Purposes: Courses prepare students for academic success and are intended for students interested in pursuing a college degree in the U.S.
- Special Topics: Courses give advanced ESL students a chance to expand on skills learned in other courses. Students can earn up to five continuing education certificates.
- Interactive: Courses are for intermediate and advanced level students who want to improve their language skills while exploring a variety of topics.
- Basic Skills: Courses are for students who have had minimal English training prior to attending class.
- Online: Online classes are offered at the higher levels of the Academic ESL program and in the ESL Teacher Training series.
Teaching ESL Continuing Education Certificate
Daytime, evening and weekend classes are available.
Interested in becoming an ESL instructor of community-based programs? AACC offers training that can be completed in as little as nine months.
Please contact the ESL office for more information at 410-777-2901.