The ESL office is always looking for well-qualified instructors to become part of our adjunct faculty.
To teach in the Academic Purposes, Interactive English and Special Topics program you must have the following:
- Master of Arts in TESOL or in a related field.
- Experience teaching ESL, preferably to adults in a post-secondary, university or community college setting.
- Experience with computer skills in word processing and Internet research. Must be comfortable in a computer-enhanced teaching situation.
The salary range for the Academic Purposes, Comprehensive, and Special Topics program is $24-38/hour depending upon experience and qualifications.
To teach in the English Basic Skills program you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, Adult Education, English,TESOL preferred.
- At least one year of teaching or tutoring ESL preferred.
- Experience working with adult students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to teach multiple levels within the same classroom.
- Strong organizational skills for managing and completing administrative paperwork.
The salary range for English Basic Skills program is $23-25/hour depending upon experience and qualifications.