Welcome to futureportal, an ezine of the Institute for the Future at Anne Arundel Community (IF@AACC), June 2007, volume 3, issue 6......We study the future to help build a better tomorrow.
Inside this issue
- applied foresight ... using the futures perspective
- futures thinking ... looking ahead
- on the horizon ... events local, regional and global
Interested in a course on the future for credit? Check our Exploring the Future (FTR 100) class listing. Fall term registration is now open. Also, you can register for our noncredit futures modules. These online modules may be taken alone or in combination. Click here for more information or to register.
- applied foresight... using the futures perspective
Ever wonder how much carbon dioxide you personally generate by your activities of daily life? Check your carbon dioxide output by using the CO2 calculator provided by the Carbon Fund website.
- futures thinking... looking ahead
Health Care Without Harm is a global coalition of 443 organizations in 52 countries that is working to protect our health by reducing pollution in the health care industry. Read about how hospitals are "going green".
Personalized health care is the wave of the future. See what HHS Secretary Michael Leavitt has to say about this topic.
- on the horizon... events local, regional and global
Grab a cool glass of lemonade, sit back in your favorite chair and read a futures book this summer. There is a great book list on the IF@AACC Web site. Challenge yourself and expand your mind! Enjoy!
- It is still not too late to register for the 2007 World Future Conference, "Fostering Hope and Vision for the 21st Century", in Minneapolis, MN from July 29-31. You can register on the conference Web site. If you are going, be sure to sign up for the workshop entitled, "So You Want to Teach the Future?", presented by IF @ AACC advisory board members. The workshop provides a lot of great "how to" information that can be used to build a futures course.
- Does your organization need a speaker on the future? See IF@AACC's speaker list and contact us.
- The 'Brown Bag' Lunch and Speakers Series will continue in the fall at AACC. There will be some great speakers so be sure to watch for the new schedule.