First, attend an information session or complete the online MLT information session. These informal sessions cover admission and academic requirements, the application and selection process, curriculum and career opportunities. Call 410-777-7318 for information session dates and times.
The program begins in the fall term. Admission is separate from admission to the college in general. First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the application deadline date.
Applications for the fall 2014 class will be available in December 2013. The application deadline will be March 15, 2014. If application deadline falls on a weekend, then applications will be accepted until the close of business on the next business day.
Medical Laboratory Technician program applications are to be submitted to the Health Professions Admissions Office, FLRS 306.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL applicants must complete a Residency Petition and submit it to the college Records Office as part of the application process. Residency Petitions for the MLT program must be submitted to the Records office between March 15th and May 15th.
For questions and a form, please call 410-777-2721. Mail or deliver the Residency Petition and supporting documents to:
Anne Arundel Community College, Records Office, SSVC 140, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012
All requirements must be met by the application deadline to be considered for admission.
- Attendance at an information session.
- High School graduate or equivalency
- Eligibility for ENG-111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121
- Eligibility for MAT-131
- Completion of high school chemistry (1 credit), or noncredit (CHE-011) or credit chemistry (CHE-111 or CHE-103) with a grade of "C" or better
- Prior to selection, students must demonstrate basic proficiency in computer skills
- Satisfactory Academic Standing: Students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) at this college of 2.0 to be considered for selection into the MLT program
- Must complete the American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR for Health Care Providers course by designated deadline
Admission/Academic Requirements and Selection Criteria are reviewed in detail at the orientation seminar.
Students who are offered conditional acceptance into the MLT program will have to complete a criminal background check and health examination record. Final acceptance into the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and completion of the health examination record.