Each fall and spring students are able to enrich their traditional classroom experience by attending several legal events.
Upcoming LSI Events
The following events are held annually:
- Paralegal Forum features a panel of Paralegal Program graduates from various subject matter areas and legal offices speaking on their careers and offering advice to students.
- LSI Speaker Series features lectures on legal issues.
- Resume Writing Workshop for paralegals.
- Law School for the Public presented by the Anne Arundel Bar Association and LSI, features local attorneys and judges who will introduce and discuss important civil, criminal, and family legal issues that affect the public.
- The Forum on the Judiciary, LSI's signature event, features the chief judge from each level of the Maryland Judiciary, a federal judge, and master to discuss a topic of interest.
- Mock Trial, "Battle of the Classes" takes place in the evening at the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County in Annapolis. Two Civil Procedure classes will participate in representing the plaintiff and defendant in a specified ficticious case. An Anne Arundel County judge presides over the trial.