Local attorneys and judges from Anne Arundel County will introduce and discuss important civil, criminal and family law legal issues that affect the public. Some topics include tenant and landlord responsibilities, wills, small claims, divorce and custody issues.
The public is welcome but space is limited. RSVP required; call 410-777-7323.
8:30-9 a.m. Registration
9-9:15 a.m. Plenary Session --Welcome and "Do I Need a Lawyer?"
Session 1 - 9:30-10:45
- Avoid the Tug-of-War in Family Law: Support, Custody and Visitation of Children.
- Plan Ahead: Drafting a Will, Power of Attorney and Advance Directive.
- Help, I've Just Been in a Car Accident: What do Do and Say First.
- Small Claims: How Maryland Law Helps the Little Guy.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Choosing the Right Mediator.
- Hard Times: Debts, Collection Laws and Bankruptcy.
Session 2 - 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Why Can't We Just Get Along? Tenant and Landlord Rights and Responsibilities.
- Administering Small and Regular Estates.
- Life Cycle of a Business: What's Best for your Enterprise.
- Before The Ink is Dry: What to Know Before You Sign a Contract.
- Collaborative Divorce: The Nonadversaria Approach versus Traditional Divorce.
- Identity Theft: Fraud Directed at You and What to Do About It.