AACC, in partnership with the Community College of Baltimore County, offers the following courses for individuals interested in obtaining and upgrading their captain's licenses.
For course schedule and pricing click on the course number below.
MRN-525 - Captain's License: Master 100 Ton
Prepare for and take the USCG Master Mariner Captain's Licensing Exam. Learn USCG rules and regulations, deck seamanship, general navigation, chart plotting, and emergency and safety procedures.
NOTE: This USCG approved course is offered in partnership with the Community College of Baltimore County. To apply for a license, students must submit their class certificate along with a completed application, sea service forms, etc. to the USCG Regional Exam Center. Students must attend all class sessions to fulfill the USCG classroom requirement. The master’s license enables you to operate both uninspected and inspected vessels up to the tonnage printed on the license. First time master’s licenses may be limited to inland or near coastal waters up to 200 miles offshore. The tonnage and area of operation that you are eligible for is determined by sea time. Course materials and licensing exam included in course cost.
Having a Master's license allows you to:
- Perform yacht delivery
- Provide sailing instruction
- Captain private yachts
- Operate scuba and skin diving charters
- Conduct backwater or offshore fishing charters and/or local sightseeing tours for hotels or resorts
- Provide yacht broker or manufacturer's representative services
- Show waterfront property for realtors and their customers
- Operate sightseeing or ferry vessels
- Operate yacht club or resort launches, para-sail or water ski operations
- Demonstrate boats for dealers
For more information on these courses, please contact
Pat Barnhart at 410-777-2939
or email at email@example.com.