Anne Arundel Community College offers an eight-credit Administrative Medical Assistant letter of recognition. This short, two-term sequence is designed for students who wish to prepare themselves for the administrative role in the medical office. Upon completion of this course of study, students will demonstrate ability in:
- Filing medical insurance claims and writing accurate appeals for complicated cases.
- Completing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial office reports accurately.
- Applying the principles of basic medical law to the daily operations of the medical office.
- Applying office management principles to the daily operation of the office.
- Attend a medical assisting information session.
- Eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121.
- Completion of MDA 113 (Medical Terminology).
MDA 111 - Introduction to Allied Health and Medical Ethics (2)
MDA 115 - Administrative Medical Assisting 1 (3)
MDA 117 - Administrative Medical Assisting 2 (3)
Completion of the required courses with a grade of "C" or better.