Admission to the Phlebotomy program is now on a rolling admission basis!
Anne Arundel Community College offers a Phlebotomy technician training course (MDA 125, can be taken without letter of recognition option in summer) and a Phlebotomy Technician letter of recognition (8 credit hours; fall/spring terms only).
The Phlebotomy technician training course, 6 credits, teaches the principles and practice of venipuncture, skin puncturing and processing of samples for laboratory testing.
Topics include venipuncture theory and techniques, concepts of cardiovascular anatomy and physicology, terminology and an introduction to standard hospital laboratory tests.
Successful completion provides eligibility status to those who wish to sit for national examinations.
- Attend a program information session.
- Applications are available online and in Florestano 100. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Submit a completed program application. Students will be admitted to the course sequence as the number of students permits. Completed applications will be assured consideration based on space availability. Seats are given to those students meeting academic and admission requirements.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121.
- Complete the Health Examination Record.
- Obtain current certification of American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers.
- Complete a criminal background check.
Phlebotomy Technician letter of recognition (offered during the fall and spring terms)
ACA 100 - Student Success (1 credit)
BPA 136 - Keyboarding 1 (1 credit)
MDA 125 - Phlebotomy (6 credits)
During the summer term, MDA 125 (6 credits) is offered without the letter of recognition option.