Admission to the Phlebotomy program is now on a rolling admission basis!
Anne Arundel Community College offers a Phlebotomy technician training course (MDA 125, can be taken without letter of recognition option in summer) and a Phlebotomy Technician letter of recognition (8 credit hours; fall/spring terms only).
The Phlebotomy technician training course, 6 credits, teaches the principles and practice of venipuncture, skin puncturing and processing of samples for laboratory testing.
Topics include venipuncture theory and techniques, concepts of cardiovascular anatomy and physicology, terminology and an introduction to standard hospital laboratory tests.
Successful completion provides eligibility status to those who wish to sit for national examinations.
- Admission to the Phlebotomy program is now on a rolling basis! Admission requirements are available onlinePDF. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications are available in Florestano 306 and online.PDF
- Submit a completed program application. Students will be admitted to the course sequence as the number of students permits. Completed applications will be assured consideration based on space availability. Seats are given to those students meeting academic and admission requirements.
- All applicants submitting a Phlebotomy Technician application after September 1, 2012 must take the Arithmetic Placement Test and receive a score of 27 or higher by the time the application is submitted or enroll in MAT 005 and complete it with a grade of C or better by the time the application is submitted.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121.
- Attend a phlebotomy information session.
- Complete the Health Examination Record.
- Obtain current certification of American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers.
- Complete a criminal background check.
Phlebotomy Technician letter of recognition (offered during the fall and spring terms)
ACA 100 - Student Success (1 credit)
BPA 136 - Keyboarding 1 (1 credit)
MDA 125 - Phlebotomy (6 credits)
During the summer term, MDA 125 (6 credits) is offered without the letter of recognition option.