Admission to the Phlebotomy program is now on a rolling admission basis!
Anne Arundel Community College offers a Phlebotomy Technician training course and a Phlebotomy Technician Letter of Recognition.
The Phlebotomy Technician Letter of Recognition is 8 credits and teaches the principles and practice of venipuncture, skin puncturing and processing of samples for laboratory testing.Topics include venipuncture theory and techniques, concepts of cardiovascular anatomy and physicology, terminology and an introduction to standard hospital laboratory tests.
The Letter of Recognition provides students with the application of professional attributes, preparation of a professional resume, and preparing for the practicum experience. Additionally, students gain knowledge of culturally diverse patient populations, therapeutic communication, OSHA and Standard Precautions.
Successful completion provides eligibility status to those who wish to sit for national examinations.
- Attend a program information session.
- Applications are available online and in Florestano 100. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Submit a completed program application. Students will be admitted to the course sequence as the number of students permits. Completed applications will be assured consideration based on space availability. Seats are given to those students meeting academic and admission requirements.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121.
- Complete the Health Examination Record.
- Obtain current certification of American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers.
- Complete a criminal background check.
Phlebotomy Technician letter of recognition (offered during the fall and spring terms)
MDA 100 - Introduction to Medical Terminology (1 credit)
MDA 110 - Professionalism in Health Care (1 credit)
MDA 125 - Phlebotomy (6 credits)
Upon completion of the Letter of Recognition, students are eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT).