The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA), a component of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, is a career development and employment assistance program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate's Degrees (excluding Associate's Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations.
Who is eligible for MyCAA Financial Assistance? Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve Components in these same pay grades.
Those who are not eligible include:
- Spouses married to service members in pay grades: E-6 and above; W-3 and above; and O-3 and above
- Spouses who are a member of the armed forces themselves currently on Title 10 orders
- Spouses who are married but legally separated (or under court order or statute of any state or US territory) from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
- Spouses whose National Guard/Reserve Component military sponsor is in a Warning Orders/Alert, Post Deployment/Demobilization or Transition Status
- Spouses married to a member of the Coast Guard
- Spouses who are unable to start and complete their course(s) while their military sponsor is on Title 10 orders
For more information visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online.
Call 1-800-342-9647 to speak with a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant or, if you already have an established MyCAA Account, use your Message Box as the fastest way to receive information and assistance. Counselors at Military OneSource Spouse Career Center (MyCAA) are available Monday through Friday from seven am until ten pm (7am-10pm) eastern time and Saturday from ten am until five pm (10am-5pm) eastern time.
Military spouses can find training and academic programs at AACC designed to meet their educational goals and advance their careers. AACC has programs and certifications that build on experience and are tailor-made for individuals pursuing a degree or transitioning into a new career.