News Release – Oct. 26, 2017
Two-hour math anxiety workshops are free
Arnold, MD – Don’t let math difficulties get in the way of your academic future. Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is offering several free workshops focusing on ways people can overcome their math anxieties. The two-hour workshops are free to current students and community members.
Topics covered include how to:
- Identify past math experiences that get in your way.
- Master math skills with six study steps.
- Select the best study strategies for you.
- Reduce test anxiety, relax and show what you know.
- Use memory strategies for formulas and more.
- Use internet and technology resources effectively.
- Write and check your math work to minimize errors.
- Tame your fear of word problems.
No preregistration is necessary. Workshops are scheduled on the Arnold campus, 101 College Parkway, unless otherwise noted:
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Careers Center (CRSC) Room 107.
- Saturday, Nov. 4, noon-2 p.m., AACC at Arundel Mills Room 307.
- Monday, Nov. 6, 6-8 p.m., Glen Burnie Town Center Room 204.
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, noon-2 p.m., Careers Center (CRSC) Room 107.
For information contact Nancy L. Chell, associate professor of mathematics, at email@example.com. If you are unable to attend in person, you can explore a web version at http://bridge2success.aacc.edu.