Seventeen Anne Arundel Community College students have been named to the 2011 edition of Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges. The AACC honorees are:
- Annapolis: Morgan O’Brien;
- Arnold: Matt Barbour, Lauren DiGiacomo, D’Ann Krieger, Geena Mongole;
- Bowie: Kaitlyn Claiborne, Madeleine Williams;
- Davidsonville: Will Dowling;
- Edgewater: Jesse Brogan, Merchelle Halsey;
- Glen Burnie: Jessica Michaels, Grace Onayiga;
- Grasonville: Deborah Zussman;
- Odenton: Elizabeth”Missy” Thompson;
- Pasadena: Tsolmontuya Saran;
- Severna Park: Colleen Keck, Barry McMenamin.
Since 1934, the Who’s Who program has honored outstanding student leaders for their scholastic and community achievements. The award honors students at more than 2,842 public and private institutions of higher education across the country. For information, visit http://www.whoswhoamongstudents.com/.
Each year, AACC faculty and staff nominate a group of students who are then screened by an AACC committee. Selections are based on criteria including grade point average and academics, leadership abilities, community involvement and participation in student activities.