Eighteen Anne Arundel Community College students have been named to the 2012 edition of Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges. The AACC honorees are:
- Annapolis: Noorullah Atmar, Bonnie Griffie, Garth Jones, Angela Traynor
- Arnold: Abdul Khan, Racheal LaBonte
- Baltimore: Sonja Reisig
- Edgewater: Jesse Brogan
- Glen Burnie: Guy Hostetter, Christian Revill, Schaeffer Seabrook, Christal Whittingon
- Millersville: Deborah Brown, Shelby Jones
- Odenton: Elizabeth Thompson, Kirstin Weichert
- Pasadena: Megan Man
- Severna Park: Mike McGurk
Since 1934, the Who’s Who program has honored outstanding student leaders for their scholastic and community achievements. The award honors students at more than 2,842 public and private institutions of higher education in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.. For information, visit http://www.whoswhoamongstudents.com/.
Each year, AACC faculty and staff nominate a group of students who are then screened by an AACC committee. Selections are based on criteria including grade point average and academics, leadership abilities, community involvement and participation in student activities.