Six faculty members at Anne Arundel Community College will receive teaching excellence awards at the 34th annual International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence set for May 27-30 in Austin, Texas.Recipients are:
- Thomas W. Edison, Ph.D., of Baltimore, associate professor and department chair of world languages
- Susan M. Fox, R.N., of Annapolis, associate professor of nursing
- Linda J. Johnson, P.T., of Crofton, academic coordinator of clinical education, physical therapist assistant program
- Anne G. Kennedy of Arnold, curriculum coordinator, English as a second language
- Susan C. Kilgard, Ph.D., of Annapolis, associate professor, communications
- Nicole R. Williams, Ph.D., of Owings Mills, associate professor and coordinator, human services
The National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) will present NISOD winners with medallions during the awards ceremony at its annual conference. Recipients are selected for outstanding service and teaching excellence.
Founded in 1978, NISOD members include more than 700 community colleges worldwide. NISOD is part of the Community College Leadership Program at the University of Texas in Austin.