First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the date the application is submitted (address verification required). Out-of-county applicants will be reviewed only when space is available.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling admission basis.
- Only complete applications will be processed.
- Admission is separate from admission to the college in general.
- Submit applications to Florestano 100.
First, attend an information session or do the required information session online (Online session currently under revision. Will be available soon). These informal sessions cover admission and academic requirements, the application and selection process, curriculum and career opportunities. Call 410-777-7310 for information session dates and times.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL applicants must complete an Address Verification for Health Sciences form and submit it to the college Records Office as part of the application process. Each applicant will be required to submit two proofs of residency as described on the Address Verification for Health Sciences form. Submit this form and supporting documents to:
Anne Arundel Community College
Records Office - SSVC 140
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
The RN program requires these courses for admission:
A grade of C or better in each Registered Nursing and general education course ( with exception of BIO 231/233, must be a grade of B or better) is required to progress in the program. General education courses may be taken prior to acceptance into the RN program. In order to proceed into the RN course sequence, NUR 120, 121 and 122, students must have a 2.5 GPA or higher in Term 1 general education courses.
To be considered for conditional acceptance, the applicant must meet the following criteria in addition to that stated above. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Address verification.
- Must satisfactorily complete all academic and admission requirements.
- Must have a minimum adjusted grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at this college.
- Chemistry: 1 credit, 1 year of U.S. high school general chemistry OR a college chemistry course to include CHE 011 or CHE 103/111 with a grade of "C" or better. Must be complete by the date the application is submitted.
- All applicants must take the Arithmetic Placement Test and pass with a score of 27 or higher. This test must be taken and passed by the date the application is submitted. Students will have two chances to achieve the minimum accepted score. MAT 005 may take the place of the test but it must be completed with a grade of "C" or better by the date the application is submitted.
- All students must take the Test of Essential Academic Skills V (TEAS V). This test must be taken within 2 years of the date of application submission.
- Address verification.
- Official transcripts, if applicable.
- Final acceptance in the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, satisfactory completion of a health examination record, and submission of a copy of the required CPR card.
- In order to proceed into the RN course sequence, NUR 120, 121 and 122, students must have a 2.5 GPA or higher in Term 1 general education courses.
- Science courses (except chemistry) must be taken within 7 years of the date the application is submitted.
- NOTE: A urine drug screening may be required.