First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the date the application is submitted (address verification required). Out-of-county applicants will be reviewed only when space is available.
- ApplicationsPDF will be accepted on a rolling admission basis.
- Only complete applications will be processed.
- Admission is separate from admission to the college in general.
- Submit applications to Florestano 306B.
First, attend an information session or do the required information session online. These informal sessions cover admission and academic requirements, the application and selection process, curriculum and career opportunities. Call 410-777-7318 for information session dates and times.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL applicants must complete an Address Verification for Health Professions form and submit it to the college Records Office as part of the application process. Each applicant will be required to submit two proofs of residency as described on the Address Verification for Health Professions form. Submit this form and supporting documents to:
Anne Arundel Community College
Records Office - SSVC 140
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
The RN program requires these courses for admission:
All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better and a cumulative prerequisite GPA of at least 2.5 (no rounding). All eight prerequisite courses must be complete by the date the application is submitted.
*Successful completion of ENG 121 fully satisfies the college English composition general education requirement. Students who take ENG 121 and not ENG 111-112 may need to take an additional elective course.
|ENG 111-112 - Composition and Introduction to Literature 1, 2
ENG 115-116 - Composition and Introduction to Literature for
Non-Native Speakers 1, 2
ENG 121* Composition and Literature
|PSY 111 - Introduction to Psychology
|PSY 211 - Developmental Psychology
|Mathematics gen. ed. requirement
|BIO 223** - General Microbiology
|BIO 231-232** - Human Biology 1, 2
BIO 233-234+ **- Anatomy and Physiology 1, 2
|Total Credit Hours
**These science courses must be taken within 7 years of the date the application is submitted.
+BIO 101 is a prerequisite for BIO 233-234 but is not a prerequisite for the RN program.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
These courses may be taken concurrently with the nursing courses and must be completed by the end of the nursing course sequence with a grade of "C" or better.
|SOC 111 - Introduction to Sociology
|Arts and humanities (except English) gen. ed. requirement
To be considered for conditional acceptance, the applicant must meet the following criteria in addition to that stated above. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Must satisfactorily complete all academic and admission requirements.
- Must have a minimum adjusted grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at this college.
- Chemistry: 1 credit, 1 year of U.S. high school general chemistry OR a college chemistry course to include CHE 011 or CHE 103/111 with a grade of "C" or better. Must be complete by the date the application is submitted.
- All 8 prerequisites must be completed with a grade of C or better and a cumulative prerequisite GPA of at least 2.5 (no rounding) by the date the application is submitted.
- Science courses (except chemistry) must be taken within 7 years of the date the application is submitted.
- All applicants must take the Arithmetic Placement Test and pass with a score of 27 or higher. This test must be taken and passed by the date the application is submitted. Students will have two chances to achieve the minimum accepted score. MAT 005 may take the place of the test but it must be completed with a grade of "C" or better by the date the application is submitted.
- All students must take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). This test must be taken within 2 years of the date of application submission.
- Address verification.
- Official transcripts, if applicable.
- Final acceptance in the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, satisfactory completion of a health examination record, and submission of a copy of the required CPR card.
- NOTE: A urine drug screening may be required.