First, attend an orientation seminar. These informal sessions cover admission and academic requirements, the application and selection process, curriculum and career opportunities. Call 410-777-7318 for orientation dates and times.
The one-year program begins in the spring term. Clinical space is limited so AACC only assures consideration of applications submitted by the September 15th deadline. Admission is separate from admission to the college in general. There is an application process.
- Applications for the spring 2014 class will be available in June 2013. The application due date will be September 15, 2013. If the application deadline falls on a weekend, then applications will be accepted until close of business on the next business day. First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the application deadline date.
- PLEASE NOTE: First consideration for selection will be given to candidates whose resident address is in Anne Arundel County for at least three months prior to the application deadline date. ALL applicants must complete an Address Verification for Health Professions form and submit it to the college Records Office as part of the application process. Applicants will receive the Address Verification for Health Professions form once their application is reviewed. In addition, each applicant will be required to submit two proofs of residency as described on this form. Address Verification for Health Professions forms for the PN program must be submitted between September 1st and November 1st.
For questions, please call 410-777-2721. Mail or deliver the Address Verification for Health Professions form and supporting documents to: Anne Arundel Community College, Records Office SSVC 140, 101 College Parkway, Arnold, MD 21012.
The Practical Nursing program requires these courses for admission:
All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. The selection for the spring class will be made from applicants who have completed all four prerequisite courses and the academic requirements by November 1. Please note that not all prerequisite courses are offered as an accelerated class and therefore must be completed in the summer term prior to the application deadline.
|BIO-231-232* Human Biology 1, 2
|BIO-233-234*+ Anatomy and Physiology 1, 2
|PSY-111 Introduction to Psychology
|Mathematics general ed. requirement
* Recommend taking within the past five years.
+ BIO 101 is a prerequisite for BIO-233. Therefore, it will take three terms to complete this science sequence.
- Attend an orientation seminar
- High school graduate or equivalency
- Chemistry - 1 credit, 1 year of high school general chemistry OR a college chemistry to include CHE 011 (noncredit) or CHE 103 or 111 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Arithmetic Proficiency - All applicants must take the Arithmetic Placement Test and pass with a score of 27 or higher. This test must be taken and passed by the application deadline. Only one retake of the test is allowed. If a student took the former Health Professions Arithmetic Placement test prior to June 1, 2009 and scored a 19 out of 25 or better, that score will be sufficient.
Students receiving a score of less than 27 on the retake must enroll in MAT 005 and complete it with a grade of "C" or better by the application deadline. A grade of "C" or higher in MAT 005 wll meet the requirement for the Arithmetic Placement Test.
- Satisfactory Academic Standing - Students must have a minimum adjusted grade point average (GPA) at this college of 2.0 to be considered for selection into the Practical Nursing program.
Admission/Academic Requirements and Selection Criteria are reviewed in detail at the orientation seminar.
Students who are offered conditional acceptance into the LPN program will have to complete a criminal background check, health examination record and CPR (American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR for Health Care Providers). Final acceptance into the program shall be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and completion of the health examination record.
PLEASE ATTEND AN ORIENTATION SEMINAR TO LEARN MORE INFORMATION REGARDING ADMISSION INTO THE LPN PROGRAM.