They Enter Our Lives without instruction manuals, requiring so much more than our time, love and direction. They bring us great joy and at the same time challenge us in ways we never dreamed.
Where can you turn for help? How do you handle tough issues? Who has the answers? We do.
The Parenting Center at AACC.
We offer family life education classes during the day, evening, weekend and online to accommodate parents' busy schedules. There are no tests and no grades--just lively instruction with plenty of time for questions. Popular topics include:
- Parenting the Adolescent
- Helping Children Learn Reading and Math
- Managing Anger in Family Life
- Dealing with Bullies
- Parenting After Separation and Divorce
- Balancing Work and Family Life
Don't see a course that meets your specific needs? Contact us at 410-777-2159 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about customized training.
Anne Arundel Community College respects the family as integral to the social fabric of society. As a premiere learning community, the College is recognized for its commitment to each individual's role in improving the quality of family life.
The Parenting Center provides courses, public service programs, conferences, and instructional materials about parenting and family life to parents and professionals in the community.
Objectives of The Parenting Center
- To support the educational mission of the college by:
- Offering courses about parenting and family life
- Sponsoring lectures and public service programs about topics of concern to parents
- Publishing a monthly online parenting newsletter that addresses current issues facing families
- Offering service learning opportunities to students
- Enhancing the positive image of the college in the community
- To research problems related to children and families in Anne Arundel County
- To provide professional development activities to members of the college and the community
Benefits to Families and the Community
- Parenting courses taught by well-credentialed professionals
- Public lectures about parenting and family life
- Weekend courses and conferences about child development
- A free online monthly electronic parenting newsletter (E-zine)
- Local conferences for parents and professionals
- Classes on campus, on-site at community agencies, or online
- Telecast of public service programs on the County cable network
- Collaborative programming with community agencies serving children and families
- Teaching opportunities for family life educators
- Collaboration with other colleges advancing the quality and scope of family life education
- Service learning placements for college students
- A Web site linking families to local programs and services