This six-hour course is for the licensed motorcyclist who wants to improve or refresh his or her skills. Classes are taught by both Motor Vehicle Administration and Motorcycle Safety Foundation certified instructors and held on AACC’s driving range, located on the Arnold campus. Individuals enrolling in this course must have a valid motorcycle license.
What courses will I take?
DRV 502 – Motorcycle Safety: Experienced
What credentials can I earn?
Riders who pass will receive a Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program Completion Card.
What will it cost?
Course is $157 for Anne Arundel county residents.
What are the requirements?
To enroll in this course, you must:
- Be an experienced rider. (Your ability to operate a motorcycle will be evaluated by instructors. Riders who cannot demonstrate minimum riding proficiency will not be allowed to continue and will need to consider enrolling in the Basic Rider Course. Riders who are not allowed to continue will not be eligible for a refund and will have to pay an additional fee to be enrolled in the Basic Rider Course.)
- A parent or guardian must sign a consent/release form, if you are under the age of 18.
- Wear protective clothing including a DOT-certified helmet, eye protection, long sleeves, medium- or heavy-weight long pants, full-fingered gloves and over-the-ankle footwear during the riding portion. Students are encouraged to bring their own helmets, but loan helmets are available. All helmets must be DOT-certified, and in good condition with labeling intact. You will not be allowed to participate without the appropriate protective gear.
- Arrive within 10 minutes of the class start time and participate in all course sessions. Failure to do so will result in dismissal with no refunds.
- Provide your own motorcycle. Personal motorcycles must be street legal, in good operating condition, and capable of passing a pre-ride check. Motorcycles with sidecars, trikes or scooters may not be used.
To pass the course, riders must pass a skill test administered at the end of the course. Riders who pass will receive a Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program Completion Card.
If failed, what next? Call 410-777-7387 to schedule your re-test(s). Please note for the Range re-test there is a $42 in-county charge.
You must bring a copy of your driver's license or permit to walk-in registration to complete your enrollment.
How to Enroll
The courses on this page are noncredit, meaning you won’t earn college credit toward a degree. You don’t need to apply. Just choose a program or course that interests you, and check the noncredit schedule for a class that fits your schedule. Note the course number, section number and start date and register through our online portal, MyAACC.
For help, email or call the Instructional Support Center at 410-777-2325.
Find a course using our online course search.
Learn more about registering for noncredit courses.