Mission Statement: The mission of the Radiologic Technology program is to meet the needs of the communities of Anne Arundel Community College and Anne Arundel County. The program supports the college mission by fostering excellence in learning and teaching and providing a learning-centered environment conducive to student success. Program faculty are dedicated to preparing radiographers who are competent, versatile professionals who are prepared for their roles in the medical community.
Anne Arundel Community College's Mission Statement, Goals and Objectives can be found in the college catalog.
Program Goal 1: Students will demonstrate clinical competence
- Students will apply proper positioning for all radiographic procedures performed.
- Students will produce diagnostic images applying appropriate exposure parameters.
- Students will follow appropriate radiation protective practices.
Program Goal 2: Students will demonstrate effective critical thinking skills
- Students are able to adapt for patients in a Trauma 1 clinical setting.
- Students are able to adjust positioning skills and exposure parameters to meet patient needs and limitations.
Program Goal 3: Students will demonstrate effective communication skills
- Students exhibit effective oral and written communication skills in the clinical setting.
- Students exhibit effective oral and written communication skills in the didactic setting.
Program Goal 4: Students will demonstrate professionalism
- Students demonstrate a high level of professional conduct appropriate for an entry-level radiographer.
- Students demonstrate willingness to work for the common good.