If you want to better manage time, learn strategies to improve grades, or practice critical thinking skills, the Reading Lab can help you!
The Reading Lab Provides:
- Assistance for enrolled credit and noncredit AACC students
- Support in reading comprehension in a variety of subjects as well as study skills and critical thinking
- Individualized skill instruction in topics such as test taking strategies, organizational skills, note taking, outlines and PAT's
- Academic skill support
The Reading Lab offers its services free of charge to all registered students
For 24 hour online assistance, check out Smarthinking; you will find all of the available information needed to guide you through the process. Smarthinking is the leader in live, on-demand online tutoring.
Accessing Smarthinking through AACC is simple!
- Log into your school account at MYAACC
- Move your mouse over Menu
- Click on Self Services tab. The Smarthinking link is found in the center column under Self Services Resource Links heading
- Clicking the link will log you directly into Smarthinking
- Course List & Schedule
Reading will be listed in the above course schedule; you can view times of available chat session or one-on-one 1/2 hour sessions with an online smarthinking tutor.