The Reading Department welcomes well-qualified instructors to become part of our adjunct faculty. Tutoring positions are also available.
To teach for our department you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, with specialization in reading or adult education; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience teaching reading, preferably to adults in post-secondary, university or community college setting.
- Experience in outcomes-based assessment, curriculum development in reading or adult education.
- Experience with computer skills in word processing and Internet research. Must be comfortable in a computer enhanced teaching situation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and locations is preferred, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
The salary range for teaching positions is $732 - 862 per faculty load hour depending upon community college teaching experience.
To become a tutor you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field with emphasis on reading required.
- Minimum of three years classroom or tutorial experience in reading instruction.
- Coursework in reading diagnosis and remediation with emphasis on adult education preferred.
- Ability to create lesson plans in Microsoft Word, navigate the Web and use computer software.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, which may include some days, evenings and weekends.
The salary range for tutoring is $24.40 to $28.70 per hour depending upon experience.
Interested and well-qualified candidates for teaching or tutoring positions should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Reading Dept., Library 121
School of Liberal Arts
Anne Arundel Community College
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012