In subjects for which College-Level Examinations (CLEP) are not available, department chairs may arrange to give examinations to qualified applicants.
Applicants for credit by departmental exam must:
- Complete an Application for Admission.
- Obtain a form for Request by Departmental Exam from the appropriate department chair.
- Have the completed form approved by the department chair.
- Take the completed and approved form to the Cashier’s Office and pay application and exam fees.
- Return the form to the department chair and arrange a time to take the exam.
- Credit by Departmental Exam is graded on a pass/fail basis and does not affect the student’s GPA at AACC.
- Passing grades will be listed on the student’s academic record as Transfer of Credit.
- Students who fail may not repeat credit by exam, but may take the AACC course.