The Anne Arundel Community College offers services in the Fort Meade Army Education Center located on the Fort George G. Meade Army Installation. Services provided there include: admissions and registration, bill/payment plans, academic advising, career services, placement testing, resume writing assistance, financial aid, SOC agreements.
- The Fort Meade Army Education Center services are available to active duty military, military dependents, veterans, reservists and civilians who have base access.
- No special pass or military affiliation is required to take courses offered at Meade Middle School.
Anne Arundel CC
Army Education Center
8601 Zimborski Ave.
Fort Meade, MD
Fort Meade Center
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
Please call prior to visiting office for current operating hours.
Fort Meade Army Education Center Information
- Admissions & Registration: We can process your admissions application on the spot and register you for credit and noncredit continuing education classes. Course information and Web registration (continuing students only) are available.
- SOC: Serviceman Opportunity Agreements are completed by the AACC office coordinator at the Fort Meade Army Education Center. To be eligible for a SOC agreement, you must be an active duty military member or a dependent of an active duty military member. Students who receive an approved SOC agreement with AACC may satisfy the academic residence requirement by completing a minimum of 25 percent of their program in residence at the AACC while transferring in the remaining credits/requirements. Refer to the college catalog for a complete list of degree requirements.
Please have your military transcripts, if applicable, sent for an evaluation to:
Anne Arundel Community College
ATTN: Records and Registration
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
You must complete six academic credits with AACC before a SOC will be completed.
SOC Request Form PDF
- Testing: Placement tests are available through the Fort Meade Army Education Center (301-677-6421) by appointment only. You must be admitted prior to taking the placement tests. Admission applications are free and are available at online or call us at 410-672-3554 to have an application mailed to you.
ESL placement tests are NOT available at Fort Meade Army Education Center until further notice. Please call AACC at the Glen Burnie Town Center 410-777-2945 or main campus 410-777-2495 to take ESL placement tests.
- Billing: Payments can be made at the Fort Meade Army Education Center using check, money order, credit or debit cards. We can prepare payment plans, accept financial aid and military tuition assistance forms. Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
Academic Advising: We have a full-time academic adviser available to all individuals. Please call to make an appointment. Advising appointments are thirty minutes each and resume writing appointments are one hour. If applicable, please bring past college transcripts, and/or SAT or ACT scores.
Bookstore: The bookstore will not be coming to Fort Meade Army Education Center due to security issues. There are two ways to obtain your textbooks for Meade Middle School Classes: Order textbooks online or, with advanced notice, pick up your textbook at AACC at the Glen Burnie Town Center or AACC at Arundel Mills. Call 410-777-2221 to make arrangements.
GoArmyEd: GoArmy Ed was established to automate the current processes and facilitate the soldiers' submission of TA to colleges. The GoArmyEd portal is available 24 hours a day to active duty soldiers to help them manage their education. By using this virtual gateway, soldiers can apply for admission to the college, register for classes and request tuition assistance.
GoArmyEd is also available to access eArmyU and its 27 partner colleges and universities. eArmyU classes are now available to all GoArmyEd students. The eArmyU program includes many benefits such as the cost of textbooks and course fees included in the price. eArmyU class listings can be found in the GoArmyEd portal by choosing eArmyU from the class type drop down menu.
For more information, you may contact the AACC @ Fort Meade office by calling 410-672-2117.