Current Students
Faculty and Staff

Future Students

High School and GED Documentation

Questions about what to submit?

Please contact the Records and Registration office.

This page provides information about the documents you should submit to verify high school graduation for admission and financial aid purposes.  

Photocopies of final high school transcripts or diplomas are acceptable for college admission and financial aid purposes.  However, if you also intend to apply to a health profession program, you should submit an official high school transcript in a sealed envelope to the Records and Registration office for review.

Please include your AACC ID# and submit documents for review to:

Anne Arundel Community College
Records and Registration office
101 College Pkwy
Arnold, MD 21012 
OR fax to 410-777-2489


High school graduates should submit one of these documents:

  • final high school transcripts with graduation notation OR
  • photocopy of your high school diploma

Below are some resources to request your records if you are unable to locate your copy:
Anne Arundel County Public Schools 
Baltimore City Public Schools
Baltimore County Public Schools
District of Columbia Public Schools
Frederick County Public Schools
Howard County Public Schools DOC
Montgomery County Public Schools
Prince George's County Public Schools
Queen Anne's County Public Schools PDF

Maryland Non-Public Schools

AACC uses the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) official listing of nonpublic schools to determine high school graduation status. Schools listed on the MSDE Church-Exempt Schools registry are reviewed on an individual basis. Transcripts may be required from students if AACC has not yet reviewed the school. AACC makes every attempt to verify non-public high schools in other states, but may request further information from the student or high school to determine high school graduation status.

Home School Programs

Home schooled students should submit a copy of their high school diploma and final high school transcript that notates graduation. Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) publishes a list of registered entities approved to supervise home instruction of Maryland students. AACC uses this list, or similar lists for other states, in conjunction with the diploma and high school transcript to review high school graduation status. If your home school is not on this list, you must submit a diploma, an official high school transcript with notation of graduation, and a signed letter from your county's home school supervisor documenting that state home instruction requirements were met.

Foreign High Schools

AACC uses documents listed on the World Education Services (WES) website and the National Association of Foreign Student Advisers Guide to Educational Systems Around the World to determine foreign high school equivalent to U.S. high school graduation. Students should submit copies of the secondary school documents listed on these websites. Notarized English translations are needed in addition to the required documents for some languages. Please contact the Records and Registration office at 410-777-1442 with questions about necessary documents.

Online High Schools

AACC recognizes some online high schools. Online high schools must be regionally accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.


Students who have earned a GED should submit one of these documents:

  • Copy of the diploma OR
  • GED examination results

If you are unable to locate your copy of your GED:
Request a copy of your Maryland GED 
Students with a GED from another state should contact that state for a copy.

Need information on earning your Maryland GED?
Information on GED testing in Maryland
AACC offers GED Test Prep courses

HiSET is a national high school equivalency testing program offered by Educational Testing Service (ETS) and is an alternative to the GED. Anne Arundel Community College does not accept the HiSET test as the equivalent to a high school diploma or GED for financial aid purposes. The HiSET test has not yet been approved by the state of Maryland, however, it has been approved in other states. If you previously lived in another state that accepts this test and can document your previous residency in that state, you may submit your HiSET test scores and proof of residency to the Records and Registration office for review. Scores will be reviewed on an individual basis.