- Complete an Application for Admission
- Submit official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended to:
Anne Arundel Community College
Records and Registration office SSVC 140
101 College Pkwy
Arnold, MD 21012
- Please Note: Transcripts from other institutions must be current and received by AACC within one year of the date printed to be considered for transfer credit award.
Want to check that we have received your transcripts? Log in to MyAACC and click the Self Services tab.
Credit may transfer if one of the following is met:
- The institution is regionally accredited by a commission on higher education. AACC recognizes the following regional accreditations:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Credit is not accepted from institutions that are candidates for regional accreditation or for courses taken while an institution was not regionally accredited.
- AACC has an articulation agreement with a high school, business, or industry. Articulation agreements specify award of credit for meeting certain criteria and presenting certain documents.
- The American Council on Education has reviewed and recommended the course or military occupation for college credit.
- The institution is legally authorized to grant standard college degrees and is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. The college may award transfer credit based upon course equivalencies, expected learning outcomes and applicability to AACC’s curricula, standards, and course offerings. AACC’s transfer credit policy complies with COMAR 13B.02.02.16.
- Foreign institutions: Transcripts must be evaluated by a professional transcript evaluation service before transfer credit will be reviewed. AACC requires the course-by-course evaluation from this service to review transfer credit. AACC accepts only the following transcript evaluation services:
Applying Credits Toward Graduation
Typically, students may allocate up to 45 transfer credits toward an associate degree or half the credits required for a certificate. Only credits that apply to the chosen program may count toward graduation. Students can earn up to 30 of these transfer hours through transfer of nontraditional credit. Be sure to talk to your academic advisor to discuss options and track your academic progress.