The Student Achievement and Success Program is a support and retention program at Anne Arundel Community College designed to increase the academic success, retention, graduation and transfer of students who traditionally may have more barriers and challenges to overcome in order to realize their goals. In addition, these students are traditionally first generation students, low income, under prepared and minority students. Services provided included incentive scholarships up to 1,000 dollars an academic year, walk-in tutoring, life skill/study strategy workshops, and cultural activities, campus visits, informal interactions with faculty/staff and academic monitoring.
View our customer service pledge and tell us how we are doing by filling out a customer service survey.
- ASSISTANCE completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- FREE help setting your educational goal and selecting courses
- FREE campus visits to potential transfer institutions
- BORROW SASP textbooks, calculators and laptop computers
- FREE use of the private SASP study hall
- FREE walk-in tutoring and mentors
- Scholarships Up to $1,000 an academic year for students who remain in good SAP standing.
- Monthly JUST TALK forum
- Specific Success Workshops
WHO CAN JOIN?
You can if you answer Yes to any of the following criteria:
- Your parents don't have bachelors degrees
- AACC requires you to take at least one developmental course
- Your FAFSA shows you qualify for financial aid
- You belong to a minority group
HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Schedule an appointment: 410-777-2530 or email SASP@aacc.edu.
2. Complete a SASP application PDF