Anne Arundel Community College is currently authorized, exempt, not subject to governance, or in compliance, to offer distance education courses and programs in forty-four states and the District of Columbia.
AACC is unable to accept students that physically reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Oregon, and Minnesota.* We apologize for the inconvenience.
*Exception for Minnesota residents registered in the TSA program. Contact CWS (Center for Workforce Solutions) for more information.
Note: The Veterans Counseling Certificate requires completion of a practicum in Maryland, or with permission, one of the following states/territories: Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or the District of Columbia.
AACC may currently offer the opportunity to participate in internships in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida**, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri**, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; and the District of Columbia.
Note: this list is subject to change.
**If student finds and arranges the internship without the aid of AACC.
For contact information on internships, visit http://www.aacc.edu/internships/.
Currently, AACC will allow clinical placements in the following states: Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia; and the District of Columbia.
Please contact Health Sciences at 410-777-7310 for more information.
Anne Arundel Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Complaint procedures may be found on the Consumer Information page at http://www.aacc.edu/aid/consumerinfo.cfm.
Attention Residents of the following states:
- Alaska: Anne Arundel Community College's programs are exempt from authorization under AS 14.48 and 20 AAC 17 because the programs are online and do not have a physical presence in Alaska.
- Georgia: complaint process may be found at http://gnpec.org/consumer-resources/
- Minnesota: "Anne Arundel Community College is registered as a Private Institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions."
- Texas: Anne Arundel Community College is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
- Utah: complaint process may be found at http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints
State laws regarding distance education vary by state; consequently, compliance with state authorization requirements is an ongoing process and subject to change.