The Office of Student Engagement encourages students to engage in learning by providing opportunities that allow for growth and development within and beyond the classroom setting. Through partnerships with a number of academic and student services departments on campus, we promote engaged learning and assist students with connecting to College resources and programs including student activities, student organization development, leadership development, new student programs, service learning, diversity and multicultural education. We also partner with faculty members to develop strategies and projects that promote student engagement.
Students are engaged when they are actively learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Engaged Student
- Participates in class discussions
- Initiates conversations with professors
- Utilizes student services such as tutoring
- Attends New Student Orientation
- Participates in service learning, campus events and student clubs and organizations.
Within the Office of Student Engagement are two areas that promote student engagement. The New Student Engagement department and Student Engagement.
New Student Engagement
- Coordinates New Student Orientation
- Organizes the Parent Orientation
- Offers programs for the first year students
- Plans and promotes activities and events for the college community
- Offers students the opportunity to get involved in over 70 student clubs and organizations
- Provides the opportunity for students to develop leadership skills through the Leadership Challenge program
Passport to Success Program
All new students received a Passport to Success card at their orientation session. If you are a new student for the fall 2014 semester and you haven't received one, stop in SUN 208A to pick one up. The above link will take you to the activities that are accepted means to meet each requirement.
The program includes several actions you should be completing over the course of your first semester at AACC and provides you with an opportunity to win things as well! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
What is the Office of Student Engagement Responsible for?