The Office of Student Engagement encourages students to engage in learning by providing opportunities that allow for growth and development within and beyond the classroom setting. Through partnerships with a number of academic and student services departments on campus, we promote engaged learning and assist students with connecting to College resources and programs including student activities, student organization development, leadership development, new student programs, service learning, diversity and multicultural education. We also partner with faculty members to develop strategies and projects that promote student engagement.
Within the Office of Student Engagement are two areas that promote student engagement.
- Coordinates New Student Orientation
- Organizes the Parent Orientation
- Offers programs for the first year students
- Plans and promote activities and events for the college community
- Offers students the opportunity to get involved in over 70 student clubs and organizations
- Provides the opportunity for students to develop leadership skills through the Leadership Challenge program