The Leadership Challenge program is your opportunity to develop your leadership skills. You simply need to have an interest in furthering your leadership experience, regardless of previous experience or involvement. This program will give you insight to yourself and you will have fun in the process!
During each academic year, Leadership Workshops are conducted and are open to all Anne Arundel Community College students. In some cases, student leaders attend off-campus Leadership Development opportunities as well. It is the goal of the Student Life office to provide students with as many opportunities as possible in order to prepare them for the leadership positions they will assume in the future.
Benefits of the Leadership Challenge
- The opportunity to develop student leadership skills
- Networking opportunities with other student leaders
- Information about leadership opportunities at the college
- Create a personalized leadership portfolio where students log all of their involvements during their time at AACC, which is very impressive to future employers, transfer schools, etc.
- Certificate of Recognition at the Annual Student Association Honors and Awards Ceremony
- Receive a state-wide certificate verifying their leadership training and experiences
What are the requirements of the program?
- Attend a minimum of 4 workshops during the school year.
- Create a Leadership Portfolio.
- Be involved in at least one club or on-campus organization and/or participate in at least one community service experience.