Any person who has successfully completed any 45-hour Pre-Service Training offered by a Maryland MSDE/OCC Approved Private Vendor may be eligible to take a challenge exam to receive articulated credits for:
- EDU 133 Growth and Development, 3 credit hours
- EDU 247 Early Childhood: Methods and Materials, 3 credit hours
- EDU 231 Infant/Toddler Child Care, 3 credit hours
- EDU 232 School-Age Child Care, 3 credit hours
Criteria for Credit Award
AACC will award 3 credits per exam taken and passed after the student has successfully completed a corresponding 3-credit college course within the Education requirements for an A.A.S or A.A.T. degree. AACC will indicate on the student’s transcript that these credits were earned by passing a Challenge Exam.
1. Complete the Challenge Exam FormPDF and send it along with documentation of successful completion of the course(s) from an MSDE/OCC approved vendor to:
TEACH Institute, AMIL 309
Anne Arundel Community College
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012
2. If you are approved to take the exam(s), you will receive a letter with a study guide and receipt for each exam, as well as information pertaining to fieldwork registration.
3. When you are ready to take the exam, bring the receipt to the AACC Cashiers Office to pay the $75 fee per exam. Then, bring your receipt to the Testing Office to take the appropriate exam(s).
AACC Credit/Noncredit Equivalent Courses
|Course Title |
Growth and Development
Child Care: Child Growth
|EDU 247 || |
Early Childhood: Methods and Materials
Child Care: Activities
for Young Children
Infant/Toddler Child Care
Group Care of Infants
School-Age Child Care
Child Care: The School-Age
Questions? Contact the TEACH Institute at 410-777-2401.