Current Students
Faculty and Staff

Future Students

Transfer Services

FAQs on transferring to Anne Arundel Community College
  • What do I need to do to begin the transfer admissions process?
    Submit a completed application for admission and have official transcripts from each previously attended college and university forwarded to the Records and Registration Office. Also have official documentation for nontraditional credit forwarded.
  • How do I register for classes prior to the completion of my credit

    Meet with an adviser to develop an educational plan.  Unofficial copies of your transcripts can be used to develop your schedule.
  • Do my previous grades transfer to Anne Arundel Community College?
    No.  Credit will be awarded for the successfully completed courses as appropriate. The grades you earned at other institutions will not transfer and will not affect your Anne Arundel grade point average.
  • Will courses in which I have earned a "D" transfer to Anne Arundel Community College?
    Some Ds will transfer. See an admissions or advising representative for guidance.
  • Will I need to take placement tests at Anne Arundel Community College?
    Assessment tests are mandatory unless you have transferable credit that are equivalent to ENG 111 and MAT 131 or other general education math courses.
  • Should I attend a new student orientation?
    Absolutely! Though you may have attended an orientation program at another college, each institution has unique policies, procedures and resources that you need to become acquainted with. You may also want to consider enrolling in the college’s Student Success Course (ACA 100).
  • I am transferring from an institution that operates on a quarter-hour system. How will my courses be evaluated?
    In general, you should assume that about two-thirds of your total quarter hours earned will transfer as semester hours.
  • Will my financial aid transfer from another institution?
    Generally, federal grants and state scholarships should transfer. You will need to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have an official financial aid transcript from each institution you previously attended forwarded to the Student Financial Services Office in order to determine your eligibility for continued financial assistance.