Dr. Tengwall has taught at AACC since 1979. He is the Department Chair of History, Philosophy and Political Science. He is the author of numerous publications and has presented many papers in this country and abroad regarding his specialty--Portuguese History. He has just completed a manuscript: The Portuguese Revolution, 1640-1668: A War of Freedom and Independence, published in 2010 by Edwin Mellen Press, Wales, England.
A native of Minnesota, Dr. David Tengwall earned his B.A. degree at the University of Chattanooga, his M.A. degree at Creighton University, and his Ph.D. degree at the University of California.
- History of Western Civilization 1
- History of Western Civilization 2
- Introductory Political Theory
- 1990 Teacher of the Year Award at Anne Arundel Community College given by the Student Government Association.
- 1990 Teacher of the Year by the Maryland Board of Community Colleges
Dr. Tengwall has traveled and studied extensively throughout all of Europe and parts of Africa, beginning in 1976-1977 when he was awarded a Fulbright-Hays Fellowship for dissertation research in Lisbon, Portugal. For over 20 years he and his wife, Cathy, have led travel-study groups to Europe. He also has traveled and researched in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Dr. Tengwall also serves as Deacon at the St. Andrew Roman Catholic Church in Annapolis, Maryland.
Careers Building, Room 152