Please read the following peer tutoring information before you request a peer tutor.
Peer Tutoring Guidelines
- Tutoring is FREE to all AACC students currently enrolled in the course for which they are requesting a tutor.
- Students are eligible to receive up to 10 hours of peer tutoring per course. There is no limit for using walk in tutoring labs.
- Tutors are not permitted to tutor students at home. Most tutors work on the Arnold campus, but some are willing to meet at the Arundel Mills campus, the Glen Burnie Town Center campus, or other public locations.
- Tutors are not permitted to work with students on graded assignments.
- You are expected to be prepared, present, and on time to all tutoring sessions. Failure to notify your tutor in advance in the event a session needs to be cancelled may result in the the forfeiture of your peer tutoring services.
- Most students are assigned to a tutor in 1-2 business days and can meet the tutor within a week.
- The tutoring office cannot guarantee a tutor will be available for your course.
- If a tutor is not currently available for your course, the tutoring office will actively recruit one.
- The tutoring office cannot guarantee a tutor will be available to accommodate your availability. The more flexibility you have to be available to meet a tutor, the easier it will be for you to meet with a tutor.
- The availability of peer to peer tutoring may be subject to change.
- In the event the tutoring office is not able to provide a tutor, you will be contacted with alternative support services while a suitable tutor is recruited.
- All emails to students are sent through campus email addresses
- Peer Tutors have earned an A the course they tutor, have a GPA above 2.5, and a faculty recommendation. Many tutors are certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- If you decide at some point in the semester that you no longer need a tutor, we ask that you let your tutor know as soon as possible so that we can help other students.
- By requesting a tutor you are acknowledging that you have read and understand these guidelines. If you have questions, please contact the tutoring office.
Request a Tutor