Faculty and staff are invited to celebrate our graduates on June 12 during AACC’s “Road to the Future: A Graduation Celebration” car parade.
While we will be practicing social distancing, faculty and staff participation is entirely voluntary.
- The parade will begin at 10 a.m. with staggered times for the different schools. To be in place lining the parade route, we ask that you arrive no later than 9:30 a.m.
- Use the College Parkway entrances. Graduates and students currently taking Health Sciences classes in the Florestano Building will enter from Ritchie Highway.
- We ask that you park your cars facing the parade route in the open parking spaces along the route, using every other parking space. Sections of the lot are organized by school. You may choose any of these lots as well:
- Lot A: School of Science and Technology
- Lot B: School of Liberal Arts
- Lot C: Schools of Business and Law, and Continuing Education and Workforce Development
- Lot E: School of Health Sciences
- If you like, you may come wearing regalia but it could get warm so that is optional.
- While you may stand in front of your car or sit on the hood, be sure to have a mask to wear for any closer encounters with colleagues and students.
- We welcome homemade signs, noise makers and decorations that cheer on our graduates. Upon entering, all attendees will be given a “rally towel” to wave at fellow participants.
- Since this is a car parade, the event is rain or shine but keep your fingers crossed for good weather.
- Digital cards, T-shirt iron-ons, social media graphics and other celebratory items are available for download from the Riverhawks at Home digital community.
- Map of the Parade Route.
Dr. Javavnika Mody has been selected as our Faculty Grand Marshal to lead the parade and will be followed by Student Marshal Van Mason, who also is our student trustee.
Already we are seeing a significant number of graduates planning to participate from across all schools. For those who are unable to attend, we will be streaming the event on social media. Additional details will be updated on the main event page.