Welcome to AACC! Our financial aid staff members are available to assist you with the processing of your VA Education Benefits paperwork. For detailed information on all available VA benefit programs and links to all VA forms, visit the VA Education Benefits website.
Instructions for Credit Students*
- Review AACC's Military/Veteran Newcomer's Packet.
- Complete the VA Application for Education Benefits (VONAPP).
- Apply for admission to the college.
- Take the AACC placement test, if required.
- Submit all official transcripts to Records and Registration.
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor through OASIS.
- Declare an approved certificate or degree program with the records office.
- Register for courses.
- Complete and submit the AACC Veterans Enrollment Verification Form and a copy of your Certification of Eligibility to the financial aid office.
- Check MyAACC for updates, processing status and to confirm your program and run program evaluations.
*All AACC associate degrees and most certificate programs are approved for VA Education Benefits. Contact the financial aid office if you are interested in seeking a letter of recognition.
Information For VA Continuing Education Students
Currently, there are no non-credit Continuing Education courses or programs eligible for VA Education Benefits at AACC.
- Register early! AACC processing time may take up to four weeks during peak registration periods. VA processing time is at least 30 days.
- You must renew your benefits every term by completing and submitting the AACC VA Enrollment Verification Form along with a copy of your Schedule of Classes.
- Be very careful to fill out all forms accurately and completely. Errors and incomplete paperwork will delay the process.
- Notify the financial aid office of any changes made to your program or schedule.
- Check MyAACC regularly for the status of your enrollment.
- Financial aid is available to all students. To start the financial aid process complete a FAFSA.