Back to Top

A veteran may be eligible for Chapter 31 benefits if he or she incurred a service-connected disability on or after Sept. 16, 1940, which entitles him/her to VA disability compensation. Vocational rehabilitation may be provided for up to 48 months. An eligible veteran has 12 years from the date of notification of entitlement to use these benefits. For detailed information, disabled veterans are encouraged to contact the VA Office at 888-827-1000.

Instructions for New Students

  1. Complete the VA Application for Education Benefits.
  2. Apply for admission to the college.
  3. Meet with your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to get a copy of VA Form 1905 – Authorization and Certification of Entrance and Re-entrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status.
  4. Take the AACC Placement Test, if required.
  5. Submit all official transcripts to Records and Registration.
  6. Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor through OASIS.
  7. Declare an approved certificate or degree program with the records office.
  8. Register for courses.
  9. Submit a copy of the VA Form 1905, along with a copy of your Schedule of Classes, to the financial aid office.
  10. Check MyAACC for updates, processing status, and to confirm your program and run program evaluations.
  11. Notify the financial aid office of all schedule changes.

*All AACC associate degrees and most certificate programs are approved for VA Education Benefits. contact the financial aid office if you are interested in seeking a letter of recognition.

Instructions for Returning Students

  1. Contact the financial aid office to confirm that your VA Form 1905 has not expired. Contact your vocational rehabilitation counselor if your form has expired.
  2. Register for courses required for your degree.
  3. Submit a copy of your Schedule of Classes to the financial aid office.
  4. Request a book voucher from the financial aid office to purchase your textbooks and required supplies.
  5. Check MyAACC for updates, processing status, and to confirm your program and run program evaluations.
  6. Notify the financial aid office of all schedule changes.