Anne Arundel Community College provides an array of information technology resources (including, but not limited to, all computer hardware, software, peripherals and mobile devices; network communications technologies including wireless technologies, network and internet bandwidth, telephone and voicemail, and electronic services and information) in order to facilitate the pursuit of excellence in support of the college’s mission.
Usage of information technology resources is a privilege provided at the discretion of the college, for the sole purpose of conducting official college business.
It is the policy of Anne Arundel Community College that all users (including, but not limited to, faculty, staff, students, contractors and guests) of information technology resources shall
- Comply with all laws (federal, state, local and other applicable laws and regulations) and all college policies.
- Respect the privacy and personal rights of others.
- Respect the integrity and security of college information technology resources.
- Respect the finite capacity of college information technology resources so as not to interfere unreasonably with the activity of other users.
- Use information technology resources for college business only.
- Respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- Protect all confidential information.
The board of trustees hereby authorizes the president, or his/her designee, to develop and establish appropriate standards and procedures to implement and enforce this policy including processes for detecting and addressing violations of this policy.