What if AACC doesn't offer the major you're looking for? Are your dreams of becoming a Riverhawk doomed? No! AACC's Transfer Studies degree is the choice for you.
With AACC's Transfer Studies degree, you'll build your own degree that helps you meet your goals. You'll work with an academic advisor to pick the courses you need to complete your first two years at AACC (and save some money in the process) and then transfer to a four-year school that offers your dream major. Here are just a few ideas of the custom degrees other Riverhawks have created:
- Foreign languages
- Political science
- And many more
How do I get started?
- Start by thinking about what you want do in your professional career. What major will help you achieve that goal? Once you've selected a major, then check out which four-year schools offer that program and decide which one you'd like to attend.
Not sure what to study? Talk to one of our career counselors.
Not sure what four-year school you want to transfer to? Attend AACC's Transfer Fair, use the Search for Majors option on ARTSYS or talk to a faculty member who specializes in Transfer Studies.
- Next you need to make an academic plan by mapping out your coursework. An academic advisor can help you find the courses you need to take at AACC to ensure a successful transfer to the four-year school of your choice.
What courses will I take at AACC?
You'll take a total of 60 credits that include:
- General education requirements (the classes everyone needs to take).
- At least 12 credits from one discipline (focused on whatever you've chosen to study).
- Elective courses (your chance to explore subjects that interest you).
How do I ensure a successful transfer?
- Once you have your academic plan, be sure to follow it and meet regularly with your academic advisor. They'll make sure you're staying on track.
- Remember to apply for graduation in the term in which you plan to finish your degree. Get that cap and gown ready!
- Set calendar reminders for application deadlines for the school of your choice. Make sure you have all the documents needed to complete the application process.
- Find more information and tips on our Transferring from AACC webpage.