If you're interested in landscape management, AACC’s Landscape Management Technician Apprenticeship program provides classroom and paid, on-the-job training at no cost to the apprentice.
What is the Cost?
The program is employer sponsored and free to the student.
What courses will I take?
The program includes 200+ hours of formal training and 2,000 hours of paid, on-the-job training. Students must complete the following classroom topics:
- Apprentice Success
- Landscape Plan Reading and Calculations
- Turf Management and Pesticides
- Landscape Design Implementation and Maintenance
- English as a Second Language for Landscapers
- Spanish Communication for Landscapers
What is the Job Outlook?
Maryland’s demand for landscape and groundskeeping workers is projected to increase by 4.7% between 2020 and 2024. The current median pay is $14.90 per hour.
Source: Emsi 2020.1