AACC is pleased to offer English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction in a supportive environment with excellent teachers, small classes and free tutoring for currently enrolled students. We welcome students coming to the United States from abroad as well as those already living nearby. Our comprehensive ESL programs can help you:
- Learn English to get a college degree
- Become more successful on the job
- Improve English skills for everyday life
Announcements: Summer Classes
Areas of Study
What We Offer
The ESL Department offers a variety of courses which are grouped in one of the following categories:
- English for Academic Purposes: Courses prepare students for academic success and are intended for students interested in pursuing a college degree in the U.S. Like us on Facebook!
- Special Topics: Courses give advanced ESL students a chance to expand on skills learned in other courses. Students can earn up to five continuing education certificates.
- Interactive English: Courses are for intermediate and advanced level students who want to improve their language skills while exploring a variety of topics.
- English Basic Skills: Courses are for students who have had minimal English training prior to attending class. Like us on Facebook!
Daytime, evening and weekend classes are available.
Introduction to Teaching ESL Continuing Education Certificate
Interested in becoming an ESL instructor of community-based programs? AACC offers training that can be completed in as little as nine months.
Please contact the ESL office for more information at 410-777-2901.