The tobacco treatment specialist is available in Student Union Room 120 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Call 911 for medical emergencies or Mobile Crisis at 410-768-5522 for mental health or substance use crisis.
What We Offer
Through one-on-one weekly support meetings, our tobacco treatment specialist will help you explore your options and resources, then provide encouragement and support through every step of the quitting process. Offered via phone and in person, the program is nonjudgemental and founded on the awareness that quitting is an individual experience built on a series of small triumphs over tobacco. Free resources are provided, including nicotine patches, gum, lozenges and more.
For information contact Stephanie Jenkins, RN, at 410-777-2480 or email@example.com.
Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
No person shall use tobacco, tobacco product(s), and/or tobacco substitute(s) on any property owned, operated, leased, or managed by Anne Arundel Community College, including, but not limited to, buildings, parking lots, college-owned vehicles, fields/lawns and venues rented or controlled for college-sponsored activities. This policy further prohibits the promotion, marketing, advertising, sampling, distribution, or sale of the tobacco products and substitutes listed below by any person or company on any of the college properties described above.
This policy applies to all forms of tobacco, tobacco products, tobacco substitutes and tobacco delivery devices. Prohibited products and devices include all tobacco-derived or containing products or substitutes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, snus, dissolvable tobacco, other smokeless tobacco.
- E-cigarettes, electronic nicotine delivery systems, hookahs, and other devices whose products are inhaled and/or which produce a vapor.
- Any tobacco-, nicotine- or smoking-related product which has an actual or potential effect upon a nonuser.
- Any tobacco-, nicotine- or smoking-related product existing at the time this policy is adopted.
- Any tobacco-, nicotine- or smoking-related product which may be developed in the future.
- Smoking/tobacco cessation products such as nicotine patches, gum and similar products or physician-prescribed medications are not restricted by this policy.
Anne Arundel County Department of Health Learn to Live
- Free counseling and quit smoking aids for Anne Arundel County adults age 18 and above.
Maryland Tobacco Quit Line/ Maryland Smoking Stops Here
- 800-QUITNOW (800-784-8669).
- Free smoking cessation, quit plan, coaching, information and referrals.
Smokefree.gov/National Cancer Institute
- Step-by-step quit smoking guide and resources.
- 24/7 encouragement, advice and tips to help young adult smokers quit smoking for good.