Black Male Initiative (BMI) addresses the needs and challenges that black male students attending Anne Arundel Community College face. It aims to build community and connect students with support services and resources within the college and the community.
Through BMI, students may have the opportunity to:
- Receive an incentive scholarship of up to $1,000.
- Participate in first-time attending cohort of students (BMI20).
- Participate in monthly roundtable forums.
- Participate in BMI leadership retreat.
- Participate in annual BMI summit.
- Understand life skills as they pertain to obtaining a degree and a professional career.
- Ability to mentor campus community peers through information and skills gained through BMI.
- Increase personal commitment to academics and gaining a degree, certification or transfer.
- Network with AACC professional staff, administration and faculty.
Black Male Initiative Early Arrival
Consider attending a summer transition program for African-American men called the Black Male Initiative Early Arrival!