Have you been searching for the right place to pitch that unique or original idea that solves a problem or creates a convenience?
The Big Idea Competition is the event for you! Imagine your audience is made up of potential investors or you're making a video for a Go Fund Me page or pitching on "Shark Tank." Then, submit your video online to the competition to compete for cash prizes.
The Big Idea Competition is an opportunity for AACC students to pitch a unique or original idea via video submissions. You are encouraged to get creative and identify opportunities that solve a problem or create convenience. Your video should be persuasive, imagining that your audience is made up of potential investors.
Online judges will review submitted videos and score submissions. Top videos will be viewed during the Big Idea Viewing Party and Awards Ceremony from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17 in HLSB 100. Entrepreneurs Scholarship recipients will also be announced at the event.
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $500
3rd Place: $250
Fan Favorite: $250 will be awarded to the video with the most votes based on daily votes online from 8 a.m. Nov. 11 to 8 a.m. Nov. 15.
Community Idea: $250 will be awarded to a big idea focused on making a difference in the community.
Mark these dates on your calendar so you don't forget!
Thursday, Sept. 22
Kickoff event and information meeting for the Big Idea Competition.
3:30-4:30 p.m., CRSC 346
Monday, Oct. 31, noon
Big Idea deadline! Make sure you've submitted your video by noon!
Thursday, Nov. 10
Finalists are announced at HawkTrade in the Hawk's Nest and via email and social media. Find out if you've made it to the finals!
Friday, Nov. 11-Tuesday, Nov. 15
Vote for your favorite Big Idea! Fan voting will be open during this time period.
Thursday, Nov. 17
Big Idea Viewing Party and Awards Ceremony! Register to attend.
3:30-5 p.m., HLSB 100
- Must be an AACC student in good standing (financially and academically) who is currently enrolled in at least one credit or noncredit course or has completed at least one course at AACC between Jan. 1 and Oct. 31, 2022*
- Must have a student ID
- Must complete the FAFSA
- If a group enters, at least 50% – preferably more – of the group must meet the above enrollment criteria. All group members must be clearly identified in the submission, and a contact name, telephone and email address must be provided.
- All ideas must be original. The entrant must attest to those facts in the submission.
- By submitting your Big Idea, you understand, agree and authorize your video to be viewed publicly.
- Must submit a video no longer than 120 seconds. Videos will be cut off after 120 seconds.
- Must submit a video online and by the deadline of noon on Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, using the following video format requirements:
- Best Format:MPEG2 HD 1920x1080, MOV files, MP4 files or links to YouTube
- Must stay within the maximum length: 120 seconds. Videos will be cut after 120 seconds.
- Use a microphone as close to your subject as possible without getting it in the shot. You can also use a clip-on lavaliere (lapel) mic.
- Make sure your surroundings are quiet unless that is part of your video.
- Use good lighting. Make sure your subject is well lit. Shoot outdoors if possible.
- Watch for “photo bombers,” as they will rob your viewer’s attention.
- Shoot your video in landscape instead of portrait mode.
*The Community Big Idea is focused on big ideas to improve the community.